A three days (four nights) getaway in Kuopio (Finland) to photograph with snow galliformes and mammals from hide.
A three days (four nights) getaway in Kuopio (Finland) to photograph with snow galliformes and mammals from hide.always attentive to offer you news, we propose a new spring trip to the forests of Finland in the middle of the breeding and nesting season of birds in the middle of a Nordic landscape, still completely snowed. We will go to the region of Northern Savonia, with its capital in Kuopio, with Lassi Rautiainen to use his fantastic hides.
Once the trip is contracted, the meeting point with Joan Padró, responsible for Photo Logistics will be at Kuopio Airport from where we will be continuously accompanied by him. A local guide will pick us up and take us to our accommodation. Here we will start three intense days of nature photography focusing on capercaillie, black grouse, black-tailed grouse, wolf, brown bear and wolverine.
To make the most of the possibilities, fights, nuptial dances and activity, we will hold afternoon and first light sessions, staying overnight in the hide (perfectly equipped). The daily program will be:
- 10:00 breakfast
- 11:00-13.00 hides of birds (passerines) and landscape near the lodge.
- 14:00 lunch
- 17:00 afternoon session.
- 08:00 exiting the hide (23.00 if we do not stay overnight)
Lassi Rautiainen has a total of fifteen hides distributed in three different locations in the area.
– Galliformes: (capercaillie, common black grouse, grévol, common loach).
– Mammals: brown bear, wolverine, wolf.
– Other birds such as whooping crane, whooper swan, wild goose, Siberian jay, Tawny owl, Northern hawk-owl, black woodpecker, etc.
Group: minimum 5; maximum 8 photographers
Price: 1.900 €.
Down payment: 300 € (included in the final price, i.e. first payment of 300 € for the booking and second payment of 1.600 € one month before the trip)
Next trip: 18 (departure day) to 22 (return day) April 2023. 3 days, 4 nights.
What is included?
- use of the hides
- feeding of the animals
- administration of the relevant permits
- guides and internal transfers
- full board accommodation
What is not included?
- Airplane tickets
- Drinks outside the established menus