The rutting of the deer is one of those obligatory appointments in the naturalist calendar. Photographer or not, watching the males roaring and fighting with their horns entangled is a spectacle. Between the end of September and the end of October we offer you four weeks to enjoy the rutting of the deer in the privileged environment of Sierra de Andújar. In addition, we offer you the possibility of combining it with lynx safari or not, adding hides such as golden eagle, lynx, forest birds or even deer from hide.
The itinerary will be guided by our expert guide in Sierra de Andújar, Silvia Medina. She will pick you up in an AWD car at the agreed meeting point and will drive you to the best locations according to the plan you have made at the time of booking.
The main objective of this service is to observe and photograph the rutting of the deer, although we will include other services to ensure a full day.
What can you combine? We provide you with all the information because you can combine them according to your interests.
– Deer rutting safari. No hide. Access with an AWD vehicle and short approaches on foot. To take pictures in this modality it is advisable to use a long lens, at least 500 mm.
– Deer in rutting deer hide. Hide sessions with light in the morning, with the sun at the back and with sunset light, backlit to take advantage of the reddish tones of the sunset to make silhouettes.
– Lynx hide. The lynx and deer rutting season do not coincide, but this does not mean that the lynx are not around. There is a good group of resident lynx on the farm where we work and it is possible to do a morning or afternoon session.
– Golden eagle hide. On the same farm we work with a pair of golden eagles that we attract with supplementary feeding to a very photogenic rock.
– Hide of passerines. Birds of the forest in feeder, chaffinch, nuthatch, crested tit. A great way to spend some time between deer and deer.
– Generalist safaris. These safaris leave the farm and include sightings of lynx, deer, mountain goat, otter and others. The distance to the animals will be a matter of luck, of course. Conditions cannot be as controlled as from hide. To take pictures in this modality it is advisable to use a long lens, at least 500 mm.
Once the reservation is made, our guide will pick you up at a previously agreed place and time. From here he will take you in his vehicle to make the route that best suits the weather conditions, the time of the year and of course, your interests.
Type of service: Service on demand
Season: September – October.
Combinable areas: Murcia
Maximum capacity: four photographers.
Ask for price and Availability
What is included :
- use of the hide.
- transport service and guide from the meeting point.
- technical advice.
- management of administrative permits.
- when you book a hide you are accepting our rules and commitments
Some pictures of deer rutting in Sierra de Andujar.