Great Bustard photography trip focuses on photographing the spectacular courtship display of the Great Bustard and Eagles in the heart of central Spain’s beautiful steppe country.
We offer two full day sessions for Great Bustard photography, and two other day session hide for the Golden Eagle and the Bonelli’s one. Our bustard hides are at Villafáfila and the Eagle hides at Arribes del Duero. Either one of these sites will be used depending on which is proving to be the most productive.
All our hides seat two people and are fitted with one way glass.
ITINERARY (4 days/ 4 hides)
- D0: Arrival.
- D1: Full day session for Great Bustards
- D2: Full day session for Great Bustards
- D3: Morning session at the Golden Eagle hide
- D4: Morning session at the Bonelli’s Eagle hide
Minimum of 2 photographers
Price: 525 € per photographer
Best season: April 1st to 15th May.
Place: Villafafila (Zamora) and Arribes del Duero
Hides: Double seater with one way glass
What is included?
- hides hire
- feeding of birds (when needed)
- management of compulsory permits
- guiding and transfer from an agreed meeting points.
- when you book a hide you are accepting our rules and commitments
What is NOT included?
- transfer from/to the airport. If needed, please ask for price and availability.
- flight tickets
- Accommodation, in case you need it, ask us, we can recommend it.
This itinerary is for guidance and can be changed or extended depending on how many days you wish to photograph for and interest in opportunities available.