Great Bustard photography trip focuses on photographing the spectacular courtship display of the Great Bustard in the heart of central Spain’s beautiful steppe country.
We offer three full day sessions for Great Bustard photography, alternating with morning sessions for raptors or passerine species. Our bustard hides are at two locations Villafáfila and Medina del Campo Plains. Either one of these sites will be used depending on which is proving to be the most productive.
All our hides seat two people and are fitted with one way glass.
ITINERARY (5 days/ 5 hides)
- D0: Arrival.
- D1: Full day session for Great Bustards
- D2: Morning session for Red and Black Kites, Buzzard and more.
- D3: Full day session for Great Bustards
- D4: Morning session for other birds in a pond
- D5: Full day session for Great Bustards
Minimum of 2 photographers
Price: 597 € per photographer
Best season: April 1st to 15th May.
Place: Medina del Campo (Valladolid) and Villafafila (zamora)
Hides: Double seater with one way glass
What is included?
- hides hire
- feeding of birds (when needed)
- management of compulsory permits
- guiding and transfer from an agreed meeting points.
What is NOT included?
- transfer from/to the airport. If needed, please ask for price and availability.
- flight tickets
- Accommodation, in case you need it, ask us, we can recommend it.
This itinerary is for guidance and can be changed or extended depending on how many days you wish to photograph for and interest in opportunities available.